Sunday 7 February 2021

The Lost Book...

I've been making slide shows for our Kindergarteners, and recently I started a chat about mazes and labyrinths by showing this slide, of the brain as though it were a maze. I suggested to them that we could get lost in our brains, wandering about in our own thoughts. One student took the bait, and told us about a book he had made about getting lost...but then he stopped. I thought maybe he was playing a trick, one I often play on students, which is to stop a story abruptly and say "THE END" (always good for a laugh). But no, he went on to explain that the problem with his book, was that he had lost the book itself. I thought this was tremendous..and suggested to him  "NOW you can make a book, about losing a book, about getting lost!" He didn't like this idea, and told me that Borges wasn't really his thing.





No comments:

Post a Comment